Wednesday 9 July 2014

Drogarati cave

On my recent trip to the Ionian Island of kefalonia I also visited drogarati cave. Which lies 3km from the small fishing village of Sami in the area of Haliota.




Situated 120m above sea level, the cave descends to a depth of 95 metres and they say the temperature is a steady 18 degrees, but believe me it feels a lot colder!




The cave is regarded as one of the finiest in Greece, it also has the largest chamber and has severed as the venue for concerts. 




Nature has created a masterpiece of sculpture, in the form of stalactites and stalagmites that have grown here over thousands of years. 


Another place I visited whilst on the island was Saint Gerassimos Monastery.



The monastery features some breathtaking interior, every wall/ceiling is painted with biblical scenes in striking colours. 



 


I'd strongly recomend visiting kefalonia the sceenery is truly breathtaking..




No comments:

Post a Comment