Sunday 3 August 2014

Wet & Wild


I spent most of today wondering why I love the hills and why I do this to myself, I was drenched to the bone and couldn't see anything because of the low cloud. Before we even set off we were contemplating bailing and heading to the pub.




Regardless we headed for summit, aiming to complete Pike'o'Blisco, Crinkle crags and Bow fell but we all knew the weather wouldn't give.




Early january this year I tried the same route and didn't make it due to blizzard conditions, I knew the same was going to happen today. Had i convinced myself already I wanted to give up?




After finding shelter for lunch we reached Pike'o'blisco summit, the views were great.. 




The wind and rain picked up so we headed down only completing the one summit, but we found a cool looking waterfall. The decent was comedy and I spent most of it on my back (i'll be sore tomorrow) 




Back on flat ground I realised I still love the hills regardless the weather, It made me feel like a kid again getting soaked without a care in the world.. but i definitely need a jacket! 


No comments:

Post a Comment