Sunday 10 August 2014

Windgather Rocks




I spent today at a very windy, Windgather rocks putting my climbing skills to the test, as I was a little rusty! Windgather is a gritstone crag located  in the Peak District National Park, as the name suggests the area is exposed to the prevailing westerly winds. I spent most of the day in a winter down jacket!









After my friend led the route it was my turn to 'thug' my way up. the first route was called Route 2 a VS 4B, for a full list of routes at windgather check out Rockfax








 

 After seconding a few routes it was time to lead one (South Buttress Crack).


By this time the wind was really picking up and we thought it was best to stop and sit down for a coffee. 




 After our coffee the wind finally died down a little and the sun started to shine, we spent all afternoon playing and completed 9 out of the 67 trad routes at Windgather I will definitely be returning to tick a few more off! big thank you to Fruit and Lorna for inviting me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment